MetalWhite2 – Seam Sealer
MetalWhite2 Seam Sealer was specifically designed for application to polyurethane foam, metal roofs, and problem areas such as gutters, expansion joints, etc. MetalWhite2 Seam Sealer can easily be applied over sloped, contour surfaces and will give long lasting colorful protection.
Made for select synthetic rubbers, MetalWhite2 Seam Sealer is applied as easily as heavy bodied paints. It cures to a monolithic rubbery mem- brane with high tensile strength and the ability to elongate and recover. Cured MetalWhite2 Seam Sealer is firmly adhered to the substrate and has the ability to “bridge” hairline cracks (less than 8 mils wide @ 700F. and no noticeable difference in height between the two sides of the crack) that may develop, maintaining a continuous waterproof membrane. For extended durability, use in combination with Plioseal Metal Roof Cover Tape or other Plioseal tape products.
MetalWhite2 Seam Sealer is available in white, gray or other pastel colors on a special order basis. This enables the entire building to have matching or complimentary decor. This can be an important advantage when color conditioning an entire area, like shopping centers or other building groups. For colors other than white contact your Commercial Innovations representative and please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
MetalWhite2 is applied 3 gallons per square on the substrate in two coats, and 1 gallon per square on side walls, which produces a dry film thickness of 6 mils per gallon. It is applied as easily as any heavy bodied paint, but cures after application to a rubber-like membrane having excellent adhesion, elongation, recovery, tensile strength and durability.
- DURABLE – MetalWhite2 Seam Sealer has exceptional resistance to chemicals and deterioration due to weathering.
- COLORFUL – MetalWhite2 Seam Sealer is a available in a wide range of permanent colors from brilliant white to pastel shades.
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A MetalWhite2 System weighs less than 20 pounds per 100 square feet, drastically reducing the overall dead weight when compared to conventional systems.
- VERSATILE – MetalWhite2 Seam Sealer can be applied on most com- mon types of construction materials and surfaces, regardless of pitch.
- STABLE & RESILIENT – MetalWhite2 Seam Sealer forms a rubber-like monolithic membrane over the entire surface. A membrane that is elastic regardless of the temperature, and will expand and contract with the movement of the substrate. The cured MetalWhite2 Coating and Plioseal Metal Roof Cover Tape bridges minor hairline cracks that may develop, maintaining a continuous film of protection.
- EASILY REPAIRED – Mechanical damage is repaired by simply applying more coating to the damaged area.
- METAL SURFACES – Inhibits corrosion, deadens sound and resists hail damage.